Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals for 2014

A new year is quickly upon us. Going against a classic New Year's tradition, I have not made any New Year's resolutions. Instead, I have set up a list of goals that I want to achieve in 2014.

1. Be more organized.
       I would say I am a pretty organized person, but there is definitely room for improvement. In order to be more organized, I plan to have a chore schedule, which will help me keep track of what I need to do every day, week, and month in order to be more organized and clean.

2. Get a job as a certified nurse assistant (CNA).
         This is more of a needs-to-happen than a goal. Getting a job as a CNA will help me get more experience in a clinical setting, which will help me in my applications for nursing school. It will also bring me more income so I can save up money for things such as trips that I want to go on, buy some necessities, and maybe eventually move out of my parent's house.

3. Get As in all of my classes.
        This is another needs-to-happen since I am retaking classes so I can apply to nursing school. As I learned in my last round of applications, accelerated nursing school is extremely competitive and average grades will not cut it. If I want to be a strong applicant, my grades better be damn near perfect. It would be really awesome if I could get into nursing school this year and start in the fall of 2015 at the latest.

4. Apply to nursing school (see goal #3).

5. Make a trip (or two) out to Chicago.
         There are two things awaiting me upon my arrival to Chicago: my college roommate/BFFL and my relatives. Two of my cousins are graduating high school this year and I would love to be able to make it out to Chicago for their graduations. I also want to spend time with my college roommate in real life and not over Skype (though seeing her on Skype is fantastic). However, my parents have made it clear that if I want to go to Chicago, I must provide my own airfare. Clearly goal #5 is dependent on goal #2.

Those are all my goals for 2014. Hopefully, they all happen this year. 2014 is already looking like an exciting year, but I will take it one day at a time and continue trusting in God's plan for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment