Thursday, February 21, 2013

"He Said"

"So your life feels like it don't make sense
And you think to yourself, 'I'm a good person'
So why do these things keep happening?
Why you gotta deal with them?
You may be knocked down now
but don't forget what He said, He said

I won't give you more, more then you can take
and I might let you bend, but I won't let you break
and No, I'll never ever let you go
Don't you forget what He said"

These are the opening lyrics to a song I recently discovered via Pandora entitled "He Said" by a Christian band named Group 1 Crew. This has to be one of my favorite Pandora discoveries.

Everything about this song is amazing and it really speaks to me. The number of times in my life I have asked "Why do these things keep happening?" is almost too many to count. I have had so many difficult times where I felt like I kept getting knocked down and felt like I was at my breaking point. I have had to deal with heartache, loss of loved ones, loss of friends, family illness, depression, anxiety, and the normal stresses. Sometimes it felt like they all came at once. This song serves as a great reminder to me that I'm not going to break anytime soon and whatever comes my way is there because God knows I am capable of handling it and He will help me find a way to cope with my stuggles. I hope you, my readers, can find some inspiration in this song as I did.

Here is the music video for "He Said". Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment