Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Day to Celebrate

Hello again! As promised, here is my blog update of yesterday's blog. I am extremely happy to say that I passed my CCE written and practical exams with flying colors. I recieved a 91% on the written portion and a 9 out of 10 on the practical portion. On Wednesday the 31st (Halloween) I will be getting my ID badge and can officially start my hours on the first Monday of November. Getting here was not easy, but it will definitely be worth it in the long run.

The process started about two months ago with my application. As part of the application, we had to write six short essays about ourselves, what we can bring to the program, obstacles we have overcome, etc. aside from all the general information that comes with an application. Next came interviews in September where we were asked some pretty difficult questions. After passing the interviews I had to get shots and tests done, CPR training, and uniform clothes. Then came two 10-hour training days before the test. Today, after we recieved our test results, we on a tour of our floors and went over some more rules and regulations. It was intense. As our guest speaker said, we are the cream of the crop, the best of the best.

Also worth celebrating is the fact that my beloved Fighting Irish are now 7-0 defeating BYU with a score of 17-14.

That is all for now. I'm off to watch a movie so I can unwind a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment