Friday, October 19, 2012

Anticipation

Tomorrow is a very big day for me. Tomorrow I take a test and find out if I will finally be a Clinical Care Extender (CCE) at my local hospital. For safety reasons, I will not be disclosing the name of the hospital. I have spent the past two Saturdays at the hospital training to be a CCE. I have spent 10 hours in lecture learning the theory of being a CCE and another 8 hours learning and practicing the skills I will be doing as a CCE. If I pass my test tomorrow, I will be a full-fledged CCE. As a CCE, I will be going onto the hospital floors for at least 4 hours per week to provide comfort care to patients. Comfort care consists of everyday tasks that we take for granted such as eating, bathing, taking a walk, etc. Each rotation lasts 3 months and we are to have at least 48 hours completed by the end of the rotation. My first rotation will be on the medical pulmonary floor. Here, I will get to see anything lung-related from asthma to a collapsed lung. All of this is dependent on tomorrow's exam. Any and all prayers would be very much appreciated. I will probably blog about the results tomorrow so you can all know.

Quick update on my cold: Zicam has done it job super well. I'm still a tiny bit stuffy and still coughing, but I feel great. Today is day 4 of my cold and I am feeling how I would typically feel on day 8 or 9. Cold/flu season is upon us. If you feel a cold coming on and you're first thought is "Oh hell no. This is cannot happen right now" go out get some Zicam. It works. It tastes gross, but it works. You can find it at your local pharmacy and should be upwards of around $10 for a box.

Good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment