Monday, October 29, 2012

A Week's Worth of Excitement

So we are into week 3 of my blogging and I failed to post a blog last week. For shame. I'll make up for it by posting two blogs this week. Now for a quick run-down of last week's highlights.

1) I usually nanny on Thursday afternoons, but had last Thursday off because the little girl's dad wasn't feeling too good and, considering I had just gotten over a cold, he didn't want me to be around him and get sick all over again. This was a welcome change in my schedule because I was able to get some errands done earlier than I would have been able to and was able to have my weekly Skype date with my good friend Christine at a decent time for both her and me.

2) Christine is coming to visit me! After about 5 months of talking about having her come down to visit me, it is finally official. She will come visit in the weeks right before Christmas, so we will be able to do all the Christmas things together. I'm most excited for going to Disneyland, picking out and decorating the tree, and ice skating on the beach in San Diego.

3) I am growing up as a ballerina. I've been taking ballet classes at home for about two months and ever since I started, my ballet teacher has been telling me that I am strong enough to start pointe and pushing me to get pre-pointe shoes. This past Friday, I finally caved and bought my first pair of pre-pointe shoes. I will put up a blog about the different types of ballet shoes for those of you who are not familiar with ballet.

4) After mass on Sunday, I had a choice to make. I could have dinner at a local pub with some people from the young adult group at my church or I could help out with/chaperone the youth ministry event. I chose the youth ministry event. I was extremely happy with my choice. I had fun, I ate for free, and I finally got that feeling of belonging that I had been searching for in my church. I honestly don't think I would have gotten the same feeling had I gone to eat with the young adult group. Perhaps I will elaborate on that in another blog post.

5) The Irish beat the Sooners and are now 8-0. I don't think that needs any further explanation. Side note: while I was watching the game and possibly swearing at the TV, I was also sewing elastics and ribbons onto my pre-pointe shoes. Ironic much?

No comments:

Post a Comment